Sunday, October 3, 2010

DC part 2

I've been on a blogging hiatus. But I finished editing and uploading my pics from my business trip to Washington, DC.

On day 3 I decided to be adventurous and go to the zoo. It was a beautiful day and I *thought* I knew how to get there and get back to my hotel. I got on the metro and got off on the Cleveland Park exit.



I walked through the zoo. Saw the pandas.



Saw the gorillas.


(p.s. This monkey kinda reminded me of Nic. He would not leave his mom's side. LOL)

Walked to see the elephants but there were no where in sight. So instead I noticed the sun sneaking through the trees and got this cool sun flare shot.


After about an hour of exploring the zoo, I made it to the end.




Then I started walking to where I thought was the closest metro stop. I asked a jogger and he had said that the closest metro would be just after the first bridge.

I walked and saw my first bridge but no metro.



Then I saw another one.



And another one and then I started to get worried.



There was no metro insight but it was still light and a lot of people. I saw the last bridge as I was coming out of a park and went toward a strip of restaurants. And there it was a metro stop.



My night did not end there. I was persuaded by a Planned Parenthood girl that the best food would be at Adams Morgan, a short bus ride would get me there. (I will not be taking advice anymore from random people on the street.)

I walked around Adams' Morgan and settled on a South American Tapas restaurant called Rumba Cafe. It was amazing.



Now it was dark and there was no metro around so I thought I would get back on the bus and get to the closest metro. I got on the bus but it went the opposite way. I asked the bus driver to please let me know where the closest metro stop would be. I finally made it to a metro and was on my way back to my hotel.



It was a long afternoon and then as I walked into my hotel room, a light bulb went off in my brain, TAXI!

The rest of the week was less eventful, thank GOD!

Later!
N@

4 comments:

  1. The metro is very cool but I really love the monkey shot. That is just an amazing shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these pics and the food pic made me hungry...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, after seeing your pics, it's settled. I'm totally moving somewhere cool! Grrrrr!
    These shots are amazing. AMAZING! The metro shots are my kind of photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the first photo... and the food shot is making me really really hungry!

    ReplyDelete